Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tip #8: Sometimes We're Tragically Hip

I've been slacking. So here's a post for ya'll to savor.

So, in my inner monologues (and one post I think) I keep using "tragic hipster" to describe an object. Well, really that object's state of being. Or possibly person. It's all very abstract and meta (or maybe I just am too tired to make an actual point). Anyway, I was sitting in my friend's room avoiding the outside world by playing the Sims 3 and making a rather fabulous house when I commented on my really ripped tights and said "the only tights I had were these tragic hipster tights." She rather enjoyed the saying and I realized how many different ways I could use it.

1. To describe a hipster overload. Like hipster to the point where it seems as though a person were sucked into  a collapsing supernova of hipster and were spit out in to this dimension a trendy son of a bitch.

2. Hipster fails. Therefore the person has done something to be a tragic hipster. A hipster version of hot mess, if you will.

per example:
It's not that the manic wolf head added much to his look. He obviously just felt his inability to form any expression called for an extremely coy carcass on his head. And for that he fails, and earns his title as a tragic hipster.



3. Something sad + hipster. Anything really. Ripped tights + worn under shorts = tragic hipster tights.
Lets take a look see:
But also...
 Well, just a sad hipster.
This hipster's lunch money was stolen and the perpetrators left her in the middle some miserable gravel road. What a tragic hipster.

Use this saying fools. It's gonna be big.







PS: Columbia wants everyone to know that real hipsters don't wear lensless glasses. Even psuedo-wannabe hipsters know better. The only people who wear lensless glasses are 12 year olds who stole the glasses the theater gave out when they went to go see Coraline in 3D and post their every musing about what is currently happening on Glee as their facebook statuses. I believe that a truly dedicated hipster will sit 2 inches away from a TV screen and earn those damn hipster frames.

0 comments:

Post a Comment