Monday, February 28, 2011

Gaddafi Can Hipster and So Can You

Why hello my precious little hipsters,

Now, I realize that Columbia and I have had an inexcusably long hiatus and, as my communications class constantly reminds me, a good blog must stay updated. LO SIENTO! Not that any of you are too cut up about it, the American Spirit ya'll puffed away on in anticipation of an update has surely ashed into nothingness by now - I kid.

Anyway, I realized an inherent problem with the type of posts Columbia and I have been writing... they all "have" to be advice/tips. Now, I'm going to be honest, often my tips are born out of inspiration from every day happenings - watching a hipster struggle with the various safety pins holding his/her garment together or every so often smiling as I see a pair of over the knee socks strut on pass me. So what do we do? Let this blog wither away into nothingness and collect dust on the virtual shelf in the Internet's creepy basement? NO!! So basically I'm just gonna post all things hipster and tease 'em till I start to feel mean.

Are we all on board? Any questions?

Anyway, just recently I was trying to be a good journalism major and decided to check up on the world. Of course all the nitty gritty facts barely had time to register before I made an outstanding realization. Muammar Gaddafi is a hipster.


For those of you who may be thinking - uh... who is that? He's the president of Libya and known for being a ruthless dictator. However, I'm not here to discuss his politics... I'm here to discuss his hipstah status.
This is the outfit that piqued my interest... that's a fuzzy hipster hat. And a bomber jacket! Don't worry  when he goes inside he wont even falter because he's got on HAREM PANTS and leather boots. Did I miss something? Maybe the fact that he's on the way to do some politician stuff. What I would give to see Obama going to state dinner dressed like a lanky James Dean.

But hey - maybe it was cold and he was visiting Russia in a twin-engine Lockheed plane... but...

That doesn't explain why he's wearing a button up with other politicians plastered on it to a very important conference... He is making a statement. A fashion statement. He actually thought: "How can I clearly convey my message to unite Africa? OMG a fierce shirt will do!" And look at his little hat. Yeah he's trying to be all scary and commander-like... but it's ever so gently tilted to the side and too small to fit around his untamed hipster mop. He even stayed with an earth-tone pallet... COME ON! Quirky hat. Check. Formal shirt with some element of oddness. YUP! A color scheme that works? Oh hell yeah. It's a simple hipster recipe, really.

Maybe it's irrelevant. I personally find it hysterical. He's like the artsy hippie kid if the political world were high school. It's priceless. So, you know what? I found a tip somewhere in there.
Tip #18: Anyone can do the hipster. You just have to have a lot of crazy and even more clothes.

Until next time folks when I may stumble across another random political figure who is never without his aviators and sweet combat boots!


Stay fierce.







---
Images from ABC News and Vanity Fair

0 comments:

Post a Comment